Economic Support and Recovery For Business and Our Members
There are a number of new and existing resources that are available to local businesses that will provide support at this time. Whitecourt, the Whitecourt & District Chamber of Commerce, and Community Futures Yellowhead East have compiled information links HERE to provide easy access to our community.
CAN YOUR BUSINESS ADAPT?
- Are you able to connect with a local delivery company to get your products to customers?
- Can you offer customers low tech "virtual shopping" via photos or FaceTime?
- Can customers place their order, pay electronically, and use curbside pick-up?
- Have you considered a gift certificate promotion to create cash flow now and great shopping later?
- Have you accessed free or low cost tele/video conferencing programs to keep meetings going?
- Can you partner with another small business to create an interesting promotion?
- Can you pre-package items for easy shopping, such as craft kits, meal kits, outdoor fun, personal care, baby showers, home fitness, senior care or so much more?
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS?
- Take some time to leave a positive online review via Facebook, Google, Trip Advisor, etc. Good online ratings now promotes a business for months to come.
- Purchase gift cards now for future purchases. This helps a small business maintain a more regular cash flow.
- Like and share posts, and follow business pages! It’s a great way to for others to learn what we have available locally!
- Order take out or delivery for dinner. Use a local delivery company if you are unable to shop.
- Start researching where you can get future gifts locally! Weddings, birthdays, anniversaries and new babies are celebrated year round.
- Find a local business for upcoming Mother's Day and Father’s Day gifts and place your order! Arrange to pick up your purchase curbside.
WDCC April Member Meeting
Wednesday, April 8
11:30 - 1:00pm
MEETING FORMAT TO BE DETERMINED.
OFFICE SPACE FOR LEASE!
The Whitecourt & District Chamber of Commerce Business Centre has space available for lease.
Lease rates are all inclusive with access to a communal boardroom and common areas.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to set up a viewing!